- Learn SCUBA Diving
- Dive Buddy Swim School
- Freediver Course
- Emergency First Response
Freediving is the most beautiful way to experience the underwater world. Free from heavy technical equipment, it’s as simple as just you and the water. The most natural way to swim with wildlife and feel part of the ocean. Pearl and shellfish divers have been doing it for centuries.
The best freediving course to begin your freediving journey is the PADI Freediver Basic course. It’s the first part of the PADI Freediver level one training. It’s the very first step for developing your solid freediving skills. You learn the basic freediving principles and focus on practicing breathhold techniques in a pool or confined water site. It’s the starting point for all courses. By enrolling in the PADI Freediver Basic course you will begin progressing towards the PADI Freediver certification.
The PADI Basic Freediver course is a subset of the PADI Freediver course. It’s a great first step for developing solid freediving skills. You learn basic freediving principles and focus on practicing breathhold techniques in a pool or confined water site.
To enroll in a PADI Basic Freediver course you must be 12 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
Younger than 12? 8 year olds and older can enroll in the PADI Skin Diver course.
The PADI Basic Freediver course consists of two main phases:
Register now and get the PADI Freediver Touch tablet apps for your IOS or Andriod. We will also assign you to any of our certified Freediver instructors to assists you in the knowledge review and further discuss on training schedule and class meetings. The Touch is an interactive study tool that gives you the background information you need to freedive safely and allows you to study at your own pace.
Learn to progressively go farther and stay longer on one breath:
Once your booking is confirmed you’ll gain access to the PADI Freediver Touchfrom us so you can start learning!
Registration closes one week before the course starts.
When you book, your exclusive access to the PADI Freediver Touch online content is granted.
Combination: On-line learning + practical training with an Instructor
All year round on Friday evenings and selected weekends
Theory & Breathing Session + Pool Double Sessions
The goals of the PADI Basic Freediver course are to:
1. Develop your understanding of the underwater world and how it interacts with your body, and how that affects you when freediving
2. Guide you in choosing appropriate gear for freediving
3. Develop your basic skill in three forms of freediving
The Practical training session includes:
The PADI Basic Freediver course consists of two main phases:
To obtain a PADI Basic Freediver certification the participant must:
• Demonstrate the ability to swim continuously on the surface 200 meters/yards without swim aids, or 300 meters/yards using mask, fins and snorkel
• Complete the self-paced learning knowledge development segment, including Knowledge Review, Freediver Exam and Freediver Quick Review
• Complete Freediver Confined Water Session
• Make one static apnea attempt of at least 90 seconds and one dynamic apnea must be at least 25 metres/80 feet.
Once completed successfully, you may continue your training towards the full level one PADI Freediver. Simply register for 2x Training Dives and choose certification assessment during booking.
In the PADI Basic Freediver course, you learn to use a mask, snorkel and fins, and may also use a wetsuit and weight belt. Using gear designed specifically for freediving is best, however, in this course, you may be able to use snorkeling equipment you already own.
You will meet us at our pool training facility at Shah Alam Aquatic Center, settle in and meet your new freediving buddies and instructor.
Beginning with a theory recap and review, this time allows you to get to know your buddies and refresh your self paced learning that you completed before the course. During the recap, you’ll practice breathing and relaxation techniques in preparation for the confined shallow water session.
Then it’s time to enjoy the pool or confined water. Over 2.5-3 hours, you will perform a number of static breath-holds and perform various dynamic swimming protocols. To maximise safety, you’ll also begin honing your rescue skills.
General Season Details
Numbers on the Day
This experience may be affected by the weather in the monsoon season end of October- end of March. If the sea is too rough then the session will be held in an alternate swimming pool or lake venue. If this is the case, we will inform you in advance.
The content is as follows:
Private study in your own time (PADI Freediver Touch online theory – allow up to 10 hours),
Theory Location: 2-hours duration in classroom (quick review + breathing/relaxation modules)
Pool/Confined Water Location: 3-hours (static, dynamic + rescue modules)
• Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions (to be checked)
• All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving
• Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
Once this experience has been confirmed, changes are at the discretion of the experience provider according to this policy:
· If canceled over 1 month before the scheduled starting date of the booking, the fees paid will be refunded, less an administration fee of $100 ($100 fee applicable to courses only), to the company or individual
· If canceled within 1 month but more than 7 days before the scheduled starting date of the booking, a 50% cancellation fee will be required by the company or individual
· If canceled within 7 days before the scheduled starting date of the booking, a 100% cancellation fee will be required by the company or individual. A cancellation fee will be based on the full cost of the booking at time of purchase
• Over 7 days prior to the experience date: It is possible to change your experience date for a fee of 25% of course value. A non-cancellation policy applies to the new course date
• 7 days to 48 hours prior to the experience date: If you have a medical certificate stating you are unfit to dive, have completed your eLearning, AND haven’t moved previously, you may reschedule and a $200 fee applies. Otherwise, you will incur the full course fee. Reschedules will be based on availability. A limit of 1 reschedule per course is permitted.