Who should try this experience?
Have you always wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater?
If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is for you.
PADI dive shops offer this program either in a pool, off a beach or from a dive boat. You can try scuba close to home or while you’re on vacation at a dive destination. While not a scuba certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
To sign up for a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience, you must be at least 10 years old. No prior experience with scuba diving is necessary, but you need to be in reasonable physical health.
Discover Scuba Diving
- Prerequsite None
- Minimum Age 10
- Recommended time 2 hours
- Minimum open water training None required (one recommended)
- New divers complete and sign the PADI Discover Scuba Diving brochure.
- Brief introduction and explanation of the use of a mask, fins, BCD, regulator, pressure gauge, exposure protection, weight system, alternate air source, etc.
- Review breathing rules and equalization techniques.
- Skills overview: regulator and mask clearing.
- How to put on and adjust students scuba equipment.
- Breathing underwater and swim around in shallow water. When comfortable continue tours in deeper water as appropriate.
- Optional Open Water Dives Skills
- Breathing underwater
- Regulator clearing
- Regulator recovery
- Mask clearing
- Equalization techniques